Windows 10 is a simple to use and high performance operating system, but it comes with the disadvantage that it is perhaps too intrusive from the perspective of privacy compared to previous versions. At the same time, it does not offer the user the possibility to deactivate specific applications that transmit personal information without the user being aware of it. Thus, various applications have been developed to help you manage these applications, and Debonet is one of them.
It is a portable software that helps you to disable specific applications running in the background in Windows 10 and send information and statistics without the user being warned about it.
The application has 14 tabs as follows:
- Start – Disables the applications that Microsoft installs through Windows 10, without the user’s consent
- Bloatware – allows uninstalling applications that cannot be removed by standard procedure
- Cortana – allows the Cortana application to be deleted
- Deprecated apps – allows you to reinstall the old Calculator application
- Edge – inactivates Microsoft Edge
- Gaming – disables the Xbox app’s ability to send statistics to Microsoft
- Miscellaneous – comparison of Windows privacy tools
- Ninite apps – the user can install various useful applications such as Blender, Discord, Everything, FileZilla, GIMP, Handbrake, Krita, MusicBee, etc.
- Privacy – will disable Calendar, Contacts, Call History, and other apps access to account info
- Security – disables password reveal button
- Slim – disables the space that Windows is reserving for its updates (7 GB)
- Third-party – you can manage privacy settings for Google Chrome, Adobe Reader, CCleaner
- Update – you can manage Windows 10 upgrade to new versions
- Windows Defender – You Can Disable Windows Defender
Debotnet allows you to control how other applications send information without the user being aware of it.