AxCrypt goes by this name because it has the ability to protect your files, no matter their format or size, by using encryption algorithms very hard to impossible to get voided. Designed by leading experts on and in the Open Source field, this file encryption software comes with half of dozen of features you will certainly grow to like, such as the password protection function, shell integration and live modifications of files.
The users may also choose to create self-decrypting files or packages of files that can be opened on any computer by typing in the password without the need to install the same software.
- Double-click to edit/view with any application, with automatic re-encryption when done
- Extensive optional command-line interface for scripting and programming
- 6 languages in one executable distribution
- No options or user interface - easy to install and use
- Absolutely no configuration needed - just use it
- Secure memory handling - no keys or data in the paging file
- Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions
- Integrated shredder
- Use a regular passphrase and/or a strong key-file
- Self-decrypting files supported