FreeFileSync is a tool that helps users synchronize files and folders, while running backup tasks, saving time and providing high-quality work. An additional observation is the safety offered in every process that guarantees no bugs are to interfere during any activity. Firstly, one of the most important aspects of working with this software is that it offers you guidance all along the way, in a very accessible format, each step being supported by specific buttons. In order to compare two folders, you have the Compare function which tells you the exact differences between their content, size or date.
Secondly, synchronization can be done automatically or manually, depending on your preferences. You can choose to update changes to both folders and then move them to one another and create a mirror backup. Overwritten files can easily be controlled, avoiding any case of information loss.
All in all, this software is an efficient tool designed to increase user’s performance and flexibility along with covering file management responsibilities. Whether you need to synchronize files and folders from an USB to the computer, or simply control accidentally overwritten, modified or even deleted information, this program is a practical solution for both inexperienced users, and professionals.
For expert users, this program disposes of a complex range of features such as FTP capabilities and symbolic link handling.
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Copy locked files
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS extended attributes and NTFS security permissions
- Expand environment variables like %USERPROFILE%
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Native 64-bit support
- Keep versions of deleted/updated files
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Include/exclude files via filter
- Use macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case-sensitive synchronization