fre:ac is both an audio converter and an audio ripper, doing that for free. In this sense, the software can extract the audio tracks out of a CD to an uncompressed WAV format which preserves quality but eats a lot of space.
This is where the second feature of this tool comes into action, encoding the resulted ripped file into several formats, such as MP3, MP4/ M4A, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AAC and others. In addition to this, users may also choose to convert any file that is already in one of the mentioned formats to whatever second format they want or need.
Everything works fast and easy.
- Converts MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV and Bonk formats
- The CD ripper is integrated with CDDB/freedb title database support
- Encoders are optimized for multi-core processors to improve conversion performance
- Full Unicode support
- Low learning curve for unexperienced users
- Multilingual user interface available in 40 languages