Author / Homepage:
SopCast runs on cutting edge peer to peer technology, delivering high quality video content for free. With this software you will be able to view live p2p channels on the computer, receive p2p broadcasting and enjoy free embedded content.
While the delay is not noticeable at all, the buffering is fast enough to please the users, but – in the same time – performance is bandwidth dependent. However, no high end hardware requirements are needed as the buffering is done by the memory and not by the hard disk.
Multiple channels broadcasting from the same server and two ways authentication features further add to the functionality of the tool.
SopCast features and benefits:
• Firewall and NAT traversal
• Memory buffering
• Self-help management
• End-to-End security
• Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market
• Fast buffering. 10-30seconds
• Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers
• Build your own channels
and broadcast it over the Internet
• Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
• Streaming media files
. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
• Support for loop file playing
• Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load
• Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play
• Low memory and CPU load
• Play with external player