HotShots has the ability to capture your screen and further edit the screenshot. While suited for writing documentation and highlighting important aspects of a map image, this capture tool covers more than the basics, as it can be used to capture multi-monitors images, a desired area of the desktop or the opened window.
You get to choose in what format to save the images, starting from JPG and PNG and ending with BMP. Once you have done that, the process of saving the images is done automatically.
Scaling and other post-processing edit come useful when you need to add a drop shadow, borders etc. While working in background on low system resources, it also launches itself at start-up. Several other parameters offer background colors, file name settings and decoration capture.
HotShots features and benefits:
• Grab current screen
, all monitors (in case of multi-monitors configuration), current window or a part of the desktop
• Save the screenshot in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, BMP, etc)
• Automatically save the screenshot to clipboard, disk or launch the editor tool
• Export edited image
in multiple formats (PNG, JPG, BMP, etc)
• Save/Restore edited image in proprietary format
• Send image directly to printer
• Automatically scale
the screenshot to a given size
• Use “system” shortcuts to take a screenshot
• Add automatically some “post-effects” to the screenshot (drop shadow, rotation, border, etc)
• Can be minimized to system tray and work in background
• Can be launched at system start-up