Changes in version 1.14
• When scanning the LAN proxy settings FreeFixer will now figure out the path to the file containing the proxy code, if the proxy running on the local machineIf the proxy is running as a service inside svchost.exe FreeFixer will also display the service name in the scan result.
• Improved performance in the FreeFixer scan by caching results from the process enumeration This decreased the scan time by approximately 35% The number of memory allocations was reduced by 50%.
• Fixed bug in the Autorun.inf files scan which occurred when there was a network mount on the local machine, pointing to a target that was currently unavailable This resulted in none of the autorun.inf files being checked and an error was reported in the scan result.
• Fixed bug where some Internet Explorer toolbars appeared without a path in the scan result.
• Fixed bug where removing a search provider that was currently set as the default, resulted in Internet Explorer popping up a message saying "A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting for Internet Explorer"The bug was fixed by setting Bing as the default provider.
• Fixed bug in the Internet Explorer BHO and Internet Explorer Toolbars scan that reported MSCOREE.DLL instead of the interesting file.
• Fixed bug where FreeFixer did not find driver files using the "SysWow64" constant in the registry For example: ImagePath=SysWow64driversAsIO.sys